Food in Franklin
Whether it’s local fare, fast food, or sugar and sweets, Franklin offers enough dining options to satisfy anyone…or any child. In downtown Franklin you’ll find a health mix of locally owned restaurants, diners, delicious pizzerias, and buildings with some pretty cool history.
The Willard serves pub-style and American food in a building almost as old as the city of Franklin. Built in 1860, it was used as a personal residence until 1922 when it was sold for $11,000 and turned into a hotel. Some years later the joint was turned into a restaurant and has gone through several different owners before turning in the Willard it is today, a place “where friends meet.” Rumor has it The Willard is home to some of the best food in Franklin, and rumor also has it the place is haunted by the ghost of an old owner from the 1920’s who’s angry she caught her sister and fiance doing the dirty on the kitchen table. Scandalous!
Now to the most crucial part, yes, there is ICE CREAM AND CANDY in downtown Franklin. Hoosier Cupboard is one of the the most fantastic old-time candy and ice cream shops you’ll ever find, and is a must-do when visiting Franklin with your kiddos.
Further away from the downtown area you’ll find a wide array of the larger chain and fast food restaurants you’re used to seeing. So if all else fails there’s always a Happy Meal around!
DOWNTOWN DINING OPTIONS:
- Ann’s Restaurant – Delicious, homey diner serving lunch and all day breakfast. (click here)
- BoJak’s Bar and Grille – Pub food and grilled tenderloin sammich!
- Court Street Cafe – Light and healthy meals with gluten-free options available (click here)
- Don and Dona’s Restaurant – Breakfast and brunch. (click here)
- Greek’s Pizzeria – Pizza, meatball sandwiches, and over 30 local beers. BONUS! (click here)
- Jefferson Street Pub – Delicious pub food and great atmosphere!
- Richard’s Brick Oven Pizza – Thin-crust pizza from a brick oven and pasta. (click here)
- The Grill Bar – Mainly bar with small booth seating but delicious burgers, fries, and wings.
- The Willard Restaurant and Lounge – Pub fare set in an 1860’s building. (click here)
YUMMIES AND COFFEE:
- 1823 Bakehouse – Gluten-free kitchen with insanely delicious treats!
- Benjamin’s Coffeehouse – Coffee, pastries, and a killer blueberry crumble.
- DJ’s Sweet Retreat – Custom baker with some goodies available throughout the week.
- Gigi’s Sugar Shack – What more do you really need to know here? (click here)
- Hoosier Cubpoard – Old-time candy shop, snacks, ice-cream and other delicious goodies. (click here)